Electric Sheep Creator Spot Draves at Gnomedex

I first started creating digital artwork back in the mid 80s on my IBM PCjr in amazing 16 colours. In the 90s I switched to using Director and then Flash 3+ to create various pieces that I have long lost to the digital scrapheap. Last week at Gnomedex 10 in Seattle I watched artist/programmer/DJ & Googlite Scott Draves present 2 decades of open source artwork, and i wished I could recover some of my lost art.. but at the same time my work could never compare to the amazing and complex work Scott produces like the Darwinian AI Screen-saver Electric Sheep. Watch the video from gnomedex,  and ask yourself if androids dream of electric sheep.

Here are my live tweets from the presentation:
  1. *10 @spot #gnomedex
  2. Did he just Say 1 hr per frame to render!!! @spot #gnomedex
  3. @paulbalcerak No explanation needed, just let it wash over you.
  4. RT @paulbalcerak: More info on @Spot's Electric Sheep: http://electricsheep.org/ Seriously, I can't explain this #gnomedex
  5. RT @jshuey: "Something that earns your attention, rather than grabs your attention" @spot #Gnomedex Applies to Art, Ideas and People
  6. RT @paulbalcerak: RT @Kenji_O: #gnomedex messes with my brain. http://twitpic.com/2gwd36
  7. What happens when the Electric Sheep vote down us? @spot #Gnomedex
  8. Who new the robot army would begin life as a screen saver? @spot #Gnomedex
  9. RT @penmachine: Total #Gnomedex Space Odyssey trip-out from @spot. Good thing most of us are high on only coffee.
  10. RT @ethernick: RT @paulbalcerak: Oh, shit. Suddenly feel like I'm in that brainwash room from #LOST #gnomedex
  11. lol RT @foleymo: Dude. Did #Gnomedex just turn into a rave? Where are my glow sticks?
  12. RT @paulbalcerak: Mind: blown | @Spot talking about flame algorithms (http://pnw.cc/3xz) at #gnomedex
  13. RT @gnomedex: We are trending #1 in Seattle for #gnomedex but not on the US list. We can do better! Go Go Gadget Geeks!
  14. "Essence of live is surprise and unpredictability" @spot #gnomedex
  15. RT @ethernick: You're really going to want to watch @spot live gnomedex.com. The slides are amazing! #gnomedex
  16. Computer Artist and Googlite Scott Draves @spot on stage at @gnomedex via TweetDeck



As always Many Thanks again to Chris Pirillo & the Gnomedex 10 Team for a great Conference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Microblogs (aka Tweets) for the Month of May 2009